By far, the single best thing to come out of my air fryer has been brussel sprouts. To add to that claim, I try not to eat anything green…and, have never been a fan of vegetables in general. Once they were done cooking, a single sprout had to be tested, for science….and, I could not stop eating these crispy balls of bacony goodness. No matter what your feelings are about brussels, you need to try this recipe as soon as possible.
This recipe takes about forty minutes to assemble and cook. Trust me, it’s worth the wait, tastes out of this world, and is surprisingly healthy. Brussel sprouts are not only keto friendly, they’re gluten free as well. This makes for a great side to go along with most proteins, and you can easily double the amount if you’re entertaining. If you’re not using an air fryer, all of my recipes can also be made on a sheet pan in the oven.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 8.1 x 8.1 Pyrex Glass Baking Dish
- Air Fryer
- Large Bowl
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts, ends trimed, and halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pieces thick cut bacon, sliced in 1/4 inch pieces my grocery store’s meat department sells bacon by the slice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine Brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl, making sure sprouts are evenly coated.
- Add Brussel sprouts to the Pyrex dish, and preheat your air fryer or oven to 400 degrees.
- Top the sprouts with bacon, and add to the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the Brussel sprouts, and lower the temperature to 380 and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring again halfway through.
- Stir the sprouts a final time and add lemon juice, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Cook for an additional two to five minutes.
Any feedback, questions, or general comments you have are not only welcome, they’re encouraged! I’d love to hear your opinions, as well as do my best to answer or assist with any issues or concerns that you may have. I’m very new at blogging, so your patience is appreciated. Hopefully, you will notice improvements and upgrades to the site in the coming days and weeks. Please subscribe below to be the first to get updated recipes and new content! And, if you see something you like, please share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter!
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.