Over the past several weeks, I’ve been trying to create the perfect baked potato the in air fryer recipe. Over a dozen potatoes were used to find the optimal cooking time, method, and temperature so you don’t have to. Try this recipe, and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Please note, with all the experimenting I did….you can do the first “air fry, or bake” in the microwave in about seven to eight minutes…which is a huge time saver. The meat department at my local grocery store sells these premade with the first “air fry, or bake” already completed…the one drawback is you don’t know who’s making your dinner, or what they put in it. Truth be told, I’d personally use a hybrid method of microwave and air fryer…but, I’m going to keep the baked potato recipe purely in the air fryer for anyone that just wants a regular “baked” potato.
Links related to this post:
This baked potato in the air fryer recipe will take about an hour to assemble and cook. Trust me, it’s worth the wait and tastes out of this world. This recipe is gluten free, and an extremely affordable dish. It makes for a great side to go along with most proteins, you can easily double the amount if you’re entertaining, or you can even have it as dinner by itself. If you’re not using an air fryer, all of my recipes can also be made on a sheet pan in the oven by adding 50 degrees.
*Update* for anyone that asked, the potatoes on average were between 8 & 10 ounces.
Baked Potato The In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Pyrex oven safe glass dish
- Large Bowl
- 1 Russet potato
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 slices thick cut bacon crumbled
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 390 degrees.
- With a fork, poke 4 to 8 sets of holes into your potato. Coat or spray with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put your potato in a Pyrex oven safe glass dish, and add to the air fryer, or oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Allow potato to rest 10 minutes. Air fry bacon at 400 degrees for 7 – 8 minutes during this step.
- Slice potato in half lengthwise, and hollow out the middle into a large bowl. Combine milk, butter, 1 tbsp of sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add stuffing back into potato halves, and place back into the air fryer, or oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Top with ranch dressing, 1 tbsp of sour cream, and sliced chives.
Any feedback, questions, or general comments you have are not only welcome, they’re encouraged! I’d love to hear your opinions, as well as do my best to answer or assist with any issues or concerns that you may have. I’m very new at blogging, so your patience is appreciated. Hopefully, you will notice improvements and upgrades to the site in the coming days and weeks. Please enjoy the baked potato in the air fryer recipe, and subscribe below to be the first to get updated recipes and new content! And, if you see something you like, please share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter!
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.