After four separate attempts, and close to five pounds of chicken…the Holy Grail of air fried chicken wings. The word I see most often associated with wings is crispy…but, you don’t want tough and dried out meat in order to get it. For science, I went through pounds of wings to figure out the perfect method, time, and temperature. This method is fool proof, and will give you incredible results each time. Trust me, you need to try this out.
*Update* if you don’t want to wash and wait three hours for the chicken to dry, you can use a paper towel to absorb any moisture.
This recipe takes about three and a half hours to assemble and cook. Trust me, it’s worth the wait, tastes out of this world, and is surprisingly healthy. These jerk wings are not only keto friendly, they’re gluten free as well. This makes for a great snack or dinner, and you can easily double the amount if you’re entertaining. If you’re not using an air fryer, all of my recipes can also be made on a sheet pan in the oven.
Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air fryer or oven
- 4 whole chicken wings drumette, wing, and tip
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Add chicken wings to colander, and wash under cold water.
- Place the wings in the fridge, on a plate, and allow to dry for at least 3 hours…or use a paper towel, absorb any moisture, and move on to the next step.
- Preheat your air fryer, or oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly season your wings with salt and jerk seasoning. I cannot stress the word lightly enough.
- Add to the lowest shelf for 22 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Any feedback, questions, or general comments you have are not only welcome, they’re encouraged! I’d love to hear your opinions, as well as do my best to answer or assist with any issues or concerns that you may have. I’m very new at blogging, so your patience is appreciated. Hopefully, you will notice improvements and upgrades to the site in the coming days and weeks. Please subscribe below to be the first to get updated recipes and new content! And, if you see something you like, please share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter!
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.