Air fryer French frichti is the most amazing comfort food you’ve never tried. If you’re cooking for one (or two), you know it’s extremely difficult to do efficiently. Most recipes only use a portion of the amount of protein that you can buy at the grocery, and I personally hate wasting food. So, this week I’ll be posting two recipes a day that you can easily assemble for a dinner and a lunch the next day, while using up what you’ve bought at the store. I’m starting out with pork tenderloin, and was able to find a smaller piece that weighed right around two pounds.
Air fryer French frichti is one of my all time favorite recipes. It’s simple to prepare, a great dish for fall or winter, and an impressive meal to serve for company or enjoy by yourself. It reminds me of a hearty stew, but has a lighter taste, and is wonderful served with mashed potatoes and crusty bread. If you’re wondering, frichti is slag in French for “quickly thrown together with just a few things that are lying around.”
Links related to this post:
This recipe takes a little over an hour to assemble and cook. Trust me, it’s worth the wait, tastes out of this world, and is surprisingly healthy. Air fryer French frichti is not only keto friendly, it’s gluten free as well. It makes for a great dinner for two, or is even better the next day. If you’re not using an air fryer, all of my recipes can also be made on a sheet pan in the oven, by adding 50 degrees to the cooking temperature.
Air Fryer French Frichti
- Oven safe Pyrex glass dish
- Air Fryer, or Oven (50 degrees warmer)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes I used Italian
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 piece thick cut bacon the meat department at my grocery sells bacon by the slice
- 1 tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 can olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pork tenderloin into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper, and spray with olive oil. Place pork into the oven safe dish.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. While pork is cooking, dice the onion and garlic.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to top of the pork, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat on the air fryer or oven to 250 degrees.
- Add the tomatoes and the herbs de provence to the pork, cook for an additional 40 minutes, stirring two or three times.
Any feedback, questions, or general comments you have are not only welcome, they’re encouraged! I’d love to hear your opinions, as well as do my best to answer or assist with any issues or concerns that you may have. I’m very new at blogging, so your patience is appreciated. Hopefully, you will notice improvements and upgrades to the site in the coming days and weeks. Please enjoy the air fryer French frichti, and subscribe below to be the first to get updated recipes and new content! And, if you see something you like, please share it with your friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter!
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.