The third and last recipe in this casserole series is worthy of being called the grand finale. Some may call it crazy. Some may call it obscene, or even uncalled-for. But nobody can call it anything less than delicious.
Nowadays, there is a trend of coming up with the newest and best ways to customize basic ramen noodles: egg, pork belly, and so on. These additions make a full meal out of a simple bowl of noodles. The variations run together now, the market flooded with the same ideas. That’s why I think this chicken ramen casserole is the ultimate ramen customization. It combines the comfort of a casserole with the convenience of packet noodles, and provides the novelty of having something brand new to boot.
When this concoction comes out of the air fryer, the bacon and cheese greets you first: golden brown and bubbling, hinting at major awesome under the surface. When you dig in, it’s reminiscent of macaroni and cheese or alfredo as far as the creamy noodle goodness. Then the savory kick that the ramen seasoning combined with cream of bacon soup flavors the chicken and noodles even more than either could alone. Factoring in the topping with its generous layer of cheese and crispy bacon bits, you wind up with a dish that knocks it out of the park.
- Air fryer or oven
- Saute pan
- Stock pot
- Large Bowl
- 1 chicken instant ramen noodles package
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 10.5 oz cream of bacon condensed soup
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the mushrooms, adding garlic in the last minute of cooking.
- Cook ramen noodles according to package instructions, reserving the favoring package. Crack an egg into a bowl, drain noodles, and cover egg with hot noodles for a minute or two. Add half a tablespoon of butter on top of the noodles, and mix with the egg.
- Spray a oven safe glass Pyrex glass dish with olive oil or cooking spray, and add the chicken as the bottom layer.
- Mix milk, cream of bacon soup, and ramen flavoring package together in a bowl. Pour on top of the chicken in your casserole dish.
- Next add the mushrooms and garlic, and then top with the noodles.
- Cut two slices of bacon into small strips. Add two slices of American cheese to the top of your casserole, covering evenly. Top with sliced bacon.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until bacon is cooked and cheese has browned.
If you’re interested in the dish I used for this recipe, you can find it with the link is below.Pyrex Simply Store 6-Cup Rectangular Glass Food Storage
Follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.