If you like comfort food or are simply in the mood for something that has some southern home cooked country flavor, these air fryer bone in pork chops will blow your mind. With only four ingredients (and you probably already have one of them), it not only makes prepping dinner a breeze, but you can also be in and out of the grocery store in minutes. Coming in at $8.25 a serving, this healthy and fresh meal is not hard on the wallet either.
Gourmet food does not have to be overly complicated. In fact, these air fryer bone in pork chops are further simplified by cooking both the entrée and side dish in the same pan. I chose fingerling potatoes as a savory flavor pairing with the pork. Fingerling potatoes have a thin skin that crisps nicely in the air fryer when rubbed with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. They have a creamy, buttery texture and, because of their small size, they cook quickly in the air fryer. Their daintiness next to the powerhouse bone in pork also makes for a pretty plate. This quick, tasty, and affordable recipe will leave you salivating over the tender and juicy bone in pork chop that makes it to your dinner table.
These brown sugar hickory air fryer bone in pork chops do have a slightly longer cook time due to the potatoes and thick cut of the meat but is a vastly hands-off dish with very little preparation. You can relax, sit back, and enjoy the savory smells coming out of your kitchen while the air fryer does all the heavy lifting. Another bonus of this recipe is because this is a one pan meal (two if you make the salad), clean-up is a snap.
From start to finish, you can have this meal on the table in less than an hour. And if you choose to serve a guest, it is sure to wow. If you have parsley (dried or fresh), or in my case green onion, be sure to top the air fryer bone in pork chops for an impressive pop of color. To round out the meal, add a small salad, like this southwest chopped mix that I got at Kroger for just three bucks. This recipe rang up at a total of $16.49 with enough ingredients for two servings but could easily be cheaper if you already have barbeque sauce or do not want to include a salad.
Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- Air Fryer
- Oven Safe Pyrex Dish
- Cooking Brush
- 1/2 lb Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 Thick Cut Pork Chop
- 4 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 390 degrees. While it heats up, spray your cooking dish with oil or nonstick cooking spray. Coat your potatoes in oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. While they cook, coat your pork chop in BBQ sauce.
- Move potatoes to the side of your dish, and add the pork chop. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Flip your pork chop, and add more BBQ sauce to cover the top and sides. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Using your brush, get the liquid in the bottom of your pan and coat the pork chop. This will add to the taste and caramelization. Cook for two more minutes.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.