Often, gourmet recipes include a long list of ingredients and tons of prep time to create a beautiful, tantalizing dish. But with your air fryer and about 20 minutes of work, this black and bleu steak salad is as quick and easy as it is filled with flavor.
This is a great salad recipe for anyone looking for a dish that is keto, gluten free, and packed with protein and veggies. At just $10 per serving, it’s an affordable steak dinner for one or two! Make this your own by adding your favorite vegetables or swapping the dressing for one you already have in the fridge.
The air fryer is a great option for cooking steak, because the outside gets a good char while the inside does not overcook. You also don’t have to go outside to grill during hot, cold, or inclement weather. Season your meat with salt and pepper straight from the fridge while your air fryer pre-heats to save time. Another secret to this black and bleu salad is lining your drip pan with foil to make clean up a cinch.
Related links to this page:
Steak and bleu cheese make for bold, complementary flavors that are balanced in this meal with a crisp salad. The way the bleu cheese crumbles soften slightly atop the fresh steak is a melt-in-your-mouth experience. You’ll forget about going out to Zaxby’s, O’Charlie’s, Newks, or Panera once you make this black and bleu salad recipe at home.
Once your steak begins cooking, you can prep the salad while you wait. I chopped half a red onion and split cherry tomatoes into equal portions. For a tasty crunch, I added walnuts into the mix, but if you have sunflower seeds, they also make for a nice flavor and crunch. Add baby romaine and lightly toss with red wine vinaigrette for a fresh, colorful salad recipe.
The great part about this black and bleu salad recipe is how quick you can have a restaurant-quality steak on your plate. After pre-heating for five minutes, I cooked my steak for just nine minutes to get that perfect crust and warm pink center. When your steak finishes cooking, let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it to top your salad. You can toss bleu cheese crumbles into the mix, but be sure to add some on top of your warm steak to get that delicious melt.
Black And Bleu Salad
- Air Fryer or Oven (please adjust oven temp up 50 degrees for the same results)
- 1 New York Strip Steak
- 4 tbsp Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 half Red Onion
- 5 oz Baby Romaine one store bought container
- 2 oz Smoked Bleu Cheese approximately half a 5oz package (regular bleu cheese can also be used)
- 5 oz Grape Tomatoes approximately half a 10oz package
- 1 handful walnuts I already had walnuts, but sunflower seeds can also be used
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. While you are waiting, season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Air fry the steak for 9 minutes.
- Dice one half of a red onion, and slice grape tomatoes in half. Add to a large salad bowl with a handful of walnuts or sunflower seeds and half a package of bleu cheese crumbles.
- Add baby romaine to the bowl, coat with red wine vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Let the steak rest for five minutes before thinly slicing.
- Top the salad with the slices of steak and additional bleu cheese crumbles.
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.
Thank you again for stopping by, and please subscribe below for the latest recipes and posts.
Thank you for another inspiration. Having this for dinner tonight.
Awesome Ross! I hope you enjoy, and please let me know what you think. I’m always open to feedback. And, if you liked it, please thinking about rating the recipe.
Fabulous and fast!!!!!